Moon School – A Generative Poetry Workshop with AGW
MOON SCHOOL is month-long generative writing workshop for writers at all levels. Each week for four weeks, participants will meet with Dr. Mindy Nettifee and Brian S. Ellis to explore new writing and editing practices and discuss practical revolutionary perspectives on how poetry and performance can both reveal and shape the world. The first two weeks, while the moon is on the wax, Mindy will focus on rituals of generation, from locating inspiration to tapping altered states of creative flow. The second two weeks, as the moon wanes, Brian will focus on approaches to honing and editing that help crystallize poems into final form, ready to be shared both on the page or performed aloud. Over the arc of the workshop we should see the full cycle of a poem from first spark in the creative dark to full madness and bloom. Take this workshop if you feel an impulse to—that’s future-you calling.
Course Begins: Sunday, October 18, 2020
4:00-5:30 pm PST
Sundays Oct. 18, 25, Nov. 1, & 8
THE WORKSHOP INCLUDES:
– Weekly 90-minute live writing workshop with Q&A
– Additional content emailed throughout the month
– Somatic practices for safely entering and exiting altered states for creative flow
– Meditations and prompts that enhance receptivity and open seams of writing gold
– Vocal and sonic practice
– Peer engagement and witnessing
– Somatic editing and dangerous writing
– Performance coaching and practice
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
– To return to the deep well of experience
– To practice opening up said experience and expanding the amount of room given to the moment
– To make thrilling personal connections and have an epiphany or two about what you’re trying to do in/with your writing
– To tie the poem to the body and raise the level of sensuousness in the imaginal
– To have a pleasant cry
– To write lots of poems that could also be spells
Enroll Now at the Awful Good Writer’s website:
***Registration will stay open one week after the course begins for participants comfortable receiving the first session recorded.
***If you have to cancel after the course begins, you will not be refunded, but will be given credit toward a future course.